Wednesday, November 15, 2017

26 Weeks With Baby Number 3

Currently 27 weeks and 4 days pregnant. 


Don't mind the bare belly. Wanted to show off my fancy new accessory! 


This Week:

Feeling just ease this week. Past that crucial viability week and now just kind of coasting for a few weeks. 

Baby This Week: 


The size of a bowling pin! 





Maternity Clothes:

I am loving maternity clothes although my "casual" at home clothes are lacking. I refuse to buy anything and just slump around in Ryan's shirts instead. I just don't want to stretch out some of my favorite lounging t's. 

Stretch Marks/Weight: 

No appointment this week but I am sure there has been some gaining going on. My stomach feels more pronounced and round then it did with Sam who was higher up and longer. No new stretch marks. 

Movement:


So much movement. This kid takes after its Momma. He/she is way more active in the morning then in the evenings. 

Food Aversions/Cravings:


Actually kind of a boring week with cravings. Between trying to be careful with a gallbladder friendly and blander foods to keep heart burn away, it's pretty boring. But I noticed this week a big decrease in my appetite. I can only eat smaller meals at a time. 

Symptoms:

God love the maternity belt! There are some days, I don't need it at all. I have no hip/pelvic/back pain. But there are other days that I feel like I can't even move. On those days, the belt helps me to still be able to move. Another fun one this week is the nausea and vomiting which I thought I was done with. Apparently, iron pills are really hard on the stomach and my tummy does not like them. And then the usual. Heartburn, sore back/hips/pelvic area, insomnia. 

What I Miss:

Ryan had one day this week that he had to do a night shift for snow. And I missed him. It's a little frightening to have him in the city and me alone during the evenings/nights. But I have a bunch of numbers on speed dial! Ryan also has been spending his weekend nights at the hunt camp so again a quiet house for me. I miss the extra hand to put Sam to bed. 

Labor Signs/Health Update:


Not a lot of update here for once because I get this nice long break from doctor appointments. I started the iron pills which suck. I am doing a pretty good job (I think) of listening to my body. I still get sore in the afternoons/evenings in the cerclage area. Just feels like a pulling pressure/pain. I have definitely started to get some not painful braxton hick contractions which is interesting. 


Gender:

Team Green! My skin has been so clear this pregnancy which if you follow wives tales suggests boy.

Wedding Rings/Belly Button


No changes but belly button is starting to get more shallow. 

What I'm Looking Forward To/Best Moment:


Looking forward to getting a couple more nesting projects done this week. Also crossed a couple more Christmas gifts off the list which makes me super excited. I really want to be prepared early for Christmas this year so that if baby does come, or I feel like a whale, it's one less thing on my plate. 

Daddy This Week:

Ryan I think has enjoyed my new found freedom as well but there was a couple nights where I had to snap him back into reality and boycott getting supper ready after getting Sam. I'd just be so sore and he would be lazing in the living room watching me cook, empty dishwasher, tidy up, entertain Sam and etc. No way Mister! Ha ha! I'd plop my butt down beside him and eventually he got the hint as supper started to burn. 

Big Brother Sam:


Sam's going through a little threenager stage again. For a while, we thought it had passed. Well it seems it is back. We are trying to help him work on his listening skills, patience and being less rough. He is really trying to figure out what he can and cannot get away with and how far he can push us. Ryan and I thankfully are pretty patient (and consistent in discipline actions) and are just hoping we can help Sam to get through this stage. We think it's good practice for when baby comes because we guess it will happen again when he is getting less attention. 





Wisdom:

Get a maternity support belt! It's well worth the $25 I spent on Amazon. Even for a preggers that isn't experiencing a lot of pain, it helps with your posture which helps in the back later on as the belly gets bigger. 


xo 

4 comments:

  1. UGH threenagers are the WORST! John is slowly starting to come back to normal(ish). I can't believe you're almost in the 3rd trimester!!! Hope you're feeling better from the iron pills, they sound terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I get a maternity belt, if I'm not pregnant cuz I have pain! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grow Baby Grow!!!
    And during the threenager days, just keep listening to Eric Church's "Three Year Old"... it will help. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a positive, lovely post. I could have used that belly thing with my twins!

    ReplyDelete