Friday, October 27, 2017

Nova Scotia Girls Trip - Part 2

Thursday we woke up to a BEAUTIFUL morning! One of my favorite things at the cottage is enjoying a drink (in this case coffee) on the deck. The water is just so calm and peaceful. It just feels refreshing to the soul. 


We were heading to Peggy's Cove that morning which is just a short drive from the cottage. I love Peggy's Cove. I think it's one of the most beautiful places in Canada. My favorite part is that during tourist times, there is a page piper playing. I think it is such a pretty sound.  


It was super busy because apparently September/October is cruise season. It was also really windy but we still took our time walking around and taking in the site. 


Had to take my bump pic too when I had such a beautiful backdrop! 


I resist buying "souvenirs" now because we are there so often. I walked around and looked at baby stuff sometimes but most were not gender neutral. Except in a shop at Peggy's Cove I saw these little Nova Scotia Tartan booties and couldn't resist!! 


We quickly stopped at the memorial site for the Swissair crash and then to Finer Diner for lunch. Their seafood chowder and tea biscuits are SO good! 


We settled back into the cottage and some girls took off for errands. I rested and then we got ready for our boat ride! Except the girls had another thing up their sleeves! The sneaky buggers some how managed to hide a surprise cake and present for me as an early 30th birthday celebration! The cake was so delicious! One of the best cakes I have EVER had! 


We loaded up the pontoon and with Captain Ron at the wheel, we floated all along the Bay! 




That evening we warmed up, chatted and played some 1's and 5's! It was a great evening in! 


The next morning we all slowly got up and had a big pumpkin french toast breakfast. We played salon and got ready for our day/night in Halifax!

First up was walking the harbor waterfront! Right at the end of our walk we saw the famous Tugboat! 


Our supper plans were made at Henry's House who's food, atmosphere and historic site is famous! Cousin Natasha joined us for supper and it was SO nice to see her and catch up! 


We were all pretty beat after all our walking on Saturday. We relaxed the rest of evening and packed up our bags. I was a little sad that our girls trip was already over but ready to see my handsome boys! 


I am pretty fortunate that not only do I have a great group of girls that I feel comfortable travelling with but that I could squeeze in one last "hooray" before I am a Momma of two! 

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment