Wednesday, October 25, 2017

23 Weeks With Baby Number 3

Post written about the week prior. I am currently in my 24th week.



And because I keep telling people I am SO much bigger at this point then I was with Sam, a little comparison shot! Oh and I am SO much more tired looking! ha ha! 



This Week:

1 more week until viability! Actually if we happened to have the baby this week, the doctors would attempt to save it. 

Baby This Week: 


Baby is apparently the size of a Barbie Doll this week! 




Maternity Clothes:


I find myself going to my maternity shirts more this time then last. Last time I tried to squeeze myself into some non-maternity shirts but this time I am trying to get wear out of what I have, while I can because it will be the last time I will be using them. 

Stretch Marks/Weight: 

No new stretch marks and I have no idea where my weight is at. I feel like I have grown a lot in the last couple weeks. 

Movement:


I love the point in the movements when you can see movements from the outside. Always shows me how strong those little arms or legs are! 

Food Aversions/Cravings:


Not a lot that I don't like. Still avoiding fatty foods to help keep Gallstone problems at bay. This week I had a craving for a caramel frap with lots of whip! When I head to the city for my appointment next week, I am totally getting one! 



Symptoms:

The heartburn is getting bad this week. I think the baby is higher now which is making heartburn bad. Tums sometimes doesn't even help. General soreness. 

What I Miss:

I miss Sam and my independence. My parents (and sometimes Ryan) have been doing all the daycare drop offs and pick ups. While I am SO thankful for all the extra help when I am on limited duty, I miss my morning chats with Sam. And my parents raised me to be a very independent woman and having to step back and let other people do things for me is really hard. 

Labor Signs/Health Update:


Kind of coasting this week until 24 weeks. Keep quiet until we get to viability and then I will start more driving and light activity like walking. 


Gender:

There are a couple people that think that we actually know the gender of the baby and are just keeping it between ourselves. That is very much not true. While I admit it has been tempting, we are very determined now at this point to wait until D-Day. We each have our own prediction though. What's yours?

Wedding Rings/Belly Button


No changes but belly button is starting to get more shallow. 

What I'm Looking Forward To/Best Moment:


Looking forward to getting to Saturday and being 24 weeks!  

Daddy This Week:


My husband hates doing laundry and he is on laundry duty all himself. ALL laundry now has to be done by him and he hates it! ha ha! Ryan has also had a lot of late work days which has been hard on all of us. But when the weather cools down before snow, it will mean a few days (maybe even a couple weeks) of more time at home for him. 

Big Brother Sam:


Sam started "hockey" (aka: skating) this year and it has been a fun activity for all of us. He is so excited and I feel us soaking up this time doing fun things with him while he is still our only child. 

He seems to be "getting" the fact that my belly is bigger and I can't do as much. He thankfully doesn't seem resentful of the baby but does keep asking why Baby isn't here yet. 


Wisdom:

Cereal, toast, microwave nachos and cheese and crackers all make excellent supper choices for a toddler when you aren't allowed to move much and Daddy isn't home. 


xo 

4 comments:

  1. If the heartburn is crazy, ask your doctor about taking Zantac. It worked wonders for me! I predict a boy but I'm always wrong with these things, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally not judging - we love cereal for supper bahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so hard explaining to John that he couldn't jump on me and wrestle like we used to. I definitely missed not being able to do everything I wanted with my guy! You guys will be back to normal before you know it with another little friend to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I predict a gorgeous wee girlie.

    ReplyDelete