Monday, September 25, 2017

Weekend Recap - Maybe More Nesting Than I Planned

Happy Monday everyone! Holy smokes it was a hot one in this area! And I said it once and I'll say it again, SERIOUS props to you Momma's out there that are pregnant all summer long! It is DEADLY! I can't breath on good days but add in this heat and it is even worse. My fingers are swelling and I just feel like I am overheating in minutes. I REALLY want to break out my leggings and boots already! 

The weekend started out pretty exciting! After almost 6 years, we traded in the Ford Edge for a 2018 Kia Sedona. Yup, I'm officially a Minivan Mom now! I have loved minivans for their practicality for a long time and we even began looking when I was pregnant with baby number 2. But we finally bit the bullet rather then sink some money into my car this Fall. So why a van when technically we only have 2 kids? Well, we figured with future hockey equipment, friends and family, it would be a nice solution for fitting many people. Plus, I am super excited about putting a baby in and out of the car with sliding doors! Yes, this will be our last baby but we are still open to the possibility of a future adoption for us. Basically, it just made sense for our family for many reasons.  


Mr..."I'm never driving a van", driving the van! :) 


All week Sam has been doing a count down for the weekend. Mostly, I think he has just been excited to sleep in! Ryan had to work Saturday but Sam and I had a lazy morning of cartoons, breakfast and playing inside! 


I eventually convinced him to go outside for a few hours to enjoy the weather while it was still technically "cooler". He played himself out with his typical sandbox fun! We also did water on the farm too which involves RTV drives which helped keep us cool.  


I've been pretty adamant about not doing too much "get ready for baby" stuff and nesting until I reach the 24 week mark. I just don't want to jinx anything and doing that kind of stuff makes me feel like I am. 

But the lists have been running through my head. One item was to prepare the cloth diapers that I used for Sam. This is a pretty big job because it involves washing the outside and stripping the inserts. 

I woke up early on Saturday and decided it was the perfect day to accomplish this task because not only was I home all day, but the weather was PERFECT for hanging them on the line. They'd be dry in no time. I did a 2 hour wash cycle for the covers and then took the inserts outside in a big tub with boiling water, dawn soap and bleach and swirl it all around for 15 minutes and then let it sit for another 15. Wash the inserts on a hot cycle with an extra rinse, hang everything to dry and VOILA, literally like brand new! Even soft and perfectly white (thanks sun). I re-stuffed the diapers and made them into the smallest size (sooo cute). They are all ready and I feel glad to cross something off the list!  


Ryan got home after nap and we had a fun night of pizza by the pool, a swim and then a fire to enjoy before bed. It really calmed down Sam before bed and he was so snugly. 


Sunday was another scorcher! But we were up for church and our regular routine. Had to find some summer stuff to get away with to wear. My belly has grown substantially I find this last week. Sam just wanted to spend the afternoon inside playing with Duplo which was OK with me! 


How was your weekend? 

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment