Friday, September 15, 2017

17 Weeks Pregnant with Baby Number 3

17 Weeks

My new weeks land on Saturdays so updates are a little behind.
 I am currently 18 weeks and 6 days. 



This Week:

We made it! 17 weeks! Wow...I feel like I've been waiting for this milestone FOREVER! 

Baby This Week: 

Baby this week is apparently the size of a gaming remote. The cartilage is turning into bone and cord is getting stronger and thicker. 



Maternity Clothes:

I feel like I've been in maternity clothes forever. Third pregnancies are no joke! My body had no problem figuring out where to expand! But maternity clothes are SO comfortable so I am not complaining at least! Give me stretchy clothes and button-less pants ANYDAY! 

Stretch Marks/Weight: 

I've actually developed some new stretch marks around my boobs. They seem to be bigger this time then my previous two pregnancies. My weight was the same as my starting weight according to my last appointment about 1.5 weeks ago. Which is also surprising as usually I am down at this point. 

Movement:

I have been feeling "flutters" for quite some time but they are getting more distinct. I can feel when the baby moves from one end to the other (flipping) the most. 

Food Aversions/Cravings:

Pregnancy is so weird. This pregnancy I can't stand french fries. Or really anything deep fried in general really makes me feel yucky. I don't like meat either which has been consistent with previous pregnancies. I am really loving crisp cold veggies and fruit of any kind! Sweets for sure or the sweet and salty combination like chocolate covered pretzels. Yum! This week is the Shawville Fair and so I can't wait to get my usual favorites. Pizza, donuts and beavertail! 

Symptoms:

I'm feeling very....pregnant! The sickness has ended (WOO HOO!!!!!). It's a weird feeling not to be getting sick as with both my other pregnancies I had been still at this point. What a relief! I feel the normal other pregnant things. Second trimester headaches, sore boobs and etc. I am finding with this pregnancy my hips and pelvis are way more sore then my other two. 

What I Miss:

French fries mostly but also walking without pain in my hips/pelvis. 

Labor Signs/Health Update:

Being followed this pregnancy by the General hospital in Ottawa. I am considering "high risk" and so I have appointments and ultrasounds every 2 weeks. I am also on daily progesterone. I have no restrictions at this point. 

Gender:

We will be surprised again. This time for then the other two I didn't want to know the gender. We REALLY do only care for a healthy baby. 

Wedding Rings/Belly Button:

Nothing new in this department! 

What I'm Looking Forward To/Best Moment 

Looking forward to 17 weeks + 1 day the most! The best moment was Saturday at the Fair. We hadn't really been telling too many people that we were expecting again. We just kind of let the word spread naturally. On Friday, I wore a baggy non-maternity shirt and some were looking at me but didn't say anything in case they were wrong. On Saturday morning I wore a maternity shirt and it accentuated the belly and people felt more comfortable coming up to congratulate us. 

Daddy This Week:

Well back to Ryan and his crazy baby names! We love the Babyname app and I think some of my husbands choices for girls are a little umm...."stripperish". Mercedes? Angel? Destiny? Desiree? 

Big Brother Sam:

Sam has a baby in his belly too! Mine is a girl because I'm a girl and his is a boy because he is a boy. Makes sense to me! ha ha! Sam knows what is going on although at first he was very confused as he knew Baby Sister went to heaven. He is consistent in his "baby seeester" predictions and he tries to feel baby move on the outside when I tell him I can feel it. He is getting use to Mommy not lifting him up. 

Wisdom:

Days are going by so slowly right now but I know that years from now the time will actually seem to have been short. Trying to remember this and take it all one day at a time. 

xo 

4 comments:

  1. So you & Sam both have a problem with buttons on pants these days, eh? haha! So happy to be "beyond 17 weeks"... each day is one day closer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you looked very beautiful, and pregnant at the fair. Your grandmother enjoyed me telling her about Sam winning a ribbon for showing the calf at the Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo happy for you!!!! Wishing you all the best for this pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete