Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Baby W–18 Weeks

 

* Each bumpdate is from the week before. I am currently 19 weeks and 5 days pregnant.

18 weeks 3

18 weeks as of November 8, 2013

This Week:

Feeling very much like pre-pregnant Lindsay. Kind of weird because my midsection says otherwise! But I have a lot more energy, a better appetite and just feel very “normal”. Work is winding down for the season! I have also been feeling very much in the Christmas mood! As my iTunes was playing shuffled songs I DIDN’T forward over the Christmas ones!

Baby This Week:

Baby is the size of a sweet potato this week (YUM!) and its limbs should have lots of movement as the bones keep getting stronger. There is apparently lots of rolling, stretching and punching going on in there!

Maternity Clothes:

YES! I am still in my regular work shirts and sweaters but the sweater has to stay closed! The work shirt is rising higher and  making me look more like a Hillbilly! The work pants are still the greatest. The above outfit is mostly maternity. Maternity skinny jeans and maternity white long sleeve shirt and red loose sweater that is non-mat.

Stretch Marks/Weight:

Finally remembered to weigh myself this week! It’s so odd to be going through this time where I don’t need to obsess about weight and size. It’s a very freeing feeling!

I gained another 2 pounds since the last time I weighed-in during week 16. So at –8 pounds since the beginning of the pregnancy.

No new stretch marks and I am using my cream every day! I do find my belly getting itchy on occasion now though.

Movement:

I don’t know...at 18 weeks, 6 days I MAY have felt movement but it only happened once and could have been gas? I have no idea. Waiting for it to happen again so that I can confirm or deny the fact that it was Baby W moving!

Food Cravings/Aversions:

Had my first “I need this food NOW or ELSE” movement at exactly 18 weeks. I was dying for some plain chocolate ice cream. The kicker, it HAD to be plain chocolate with nothing else in it. Ryan said he would run to the local convenience store to see if they had any and said, “What if they don’t have any?”

I said, “Then drive to Shawville (30 minutes away).”

Lucky for him they had it at the local store. He also picked up a bag of Dill Pickle chips for a movie we were watching that night. So, I ate pickle chips and ice cream..Can you say typical preggo craving? Ha ha!

18 weeks 2

Went to Lonestar at 18 weeks 1 day and tried to eat the Salsa but got violently ill after one bite. *Stay away from the tomatoes Lindsay…*

Symptoms:

Big ol’ growing belly! As usual, the belly is a lot bigger in the afternoons then the mornings. Feeling very good though in every other way!

Been told 3 times this week that I am glowing! Talk about a nice feeling! And you know what, I kind of feel like I am glowing too! I am no longer sick and just feel on top of the world lately!

One of the best pregnancy symptoms as of lately is the awesome hair! Thank you hormones and extra vitamins for my luscious locks! My hair is shiny, getting thicker and growing so quickly! 

What I Miss:

Truthfully, nothing this week.

Labour Signs:

No

Gender:

Keeping things neutral still! I love to watch people’s reaction when they learn we aren’t going to find out the sex of the baby. It seems the younger generation people think it’s nuts not to know and the older generation thinks it is great.

Ryan has been calling baby “He” a lot lately by accident and I think he is leaning towards thinking it is a boy.

Belly Button In or Out:

Innie! Finally, at 18 weeks 1 day, I took out my belly button ring. It was kind of a sad moment as I felt like I was letting go of a piece of my youth. But, my belly button feels SO much better now without it!

18 weeks

Wedding Rings On or Off:

On!

What I’m Looking Forward To This Week:

Looking forward to putting up Christmas lights this week! It’s suppose to be a super warm this weekend and I want to put them up without freezing our bums off!

Also looking forward to supper with Ryan’s parents on Wednesday and supper with friends Amanda and Josh on Saturday.

Daddy This Week:

Alright baby, Mommy has to be honest here, Daddy has been a little bit of a pain in my butt this week. When Daddy is tired he gets extra grumpy or extra hyper. I don’t know if it’s the change of the weather but Daddy has been both. Not to mention Daddy has been really hogging the bed this week and ruining my sleep! Lucky for Daddy he got Mommy ice cream and that made the world better.

Wisdom:

Yoga is your friend. This momma LIVES for Monday’s which is Yoga night. Sometimes I have these aches and yoga usually makes them go away! Not to mention I feel so much stronger mentally after a great class! Love my awesome yoga instructor for adjusting some of the moves for me and bambino.

And, it might have seemed silly at the beginning to take pictures so early on but do it anyways! Sometimes you don’t feel like you have changed at all but when you compare the pictures it is so neat to see the difference!

8 weeks versus 18 weeks!

18 weeks 4

Best Moment Of The Week:

Being told that I am glowing 3 separate times! I have to say even with the bigger belly, I have never felt better about myself. I don’t know if it’s the mix of hormones or just accepting early on that this is my situation and I don’t need to obsess over every calorie that goes into my body (or how differently my body will look). I feel as though I am eating sensibly and I am truly feeling healthier then ever before.

Also, I have to say going to Ryan’s parents place for supper on Wednesday was AWESOME! I have a hard time cooking supper since the beginning of this pregnancy. Not only am I exhausted after a 12 hour work day but cooking food just kind of grosses me out right now. We had a delicious supper (and dessert!) with Bev and Eugene and I didn’t have to cook a thing. I think Ryan and I both left there that night so satisfied after the big meal.

xo 

7 comments:

  1. SO SO glad you are feeling better! And hello BUMP! You look great. I would also like to thank you for finally gaining some weight. I feel better now. Haha. Big A was a crab apple last week too, maybe they should have chatted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your thick, lucious hair now a few weeks after baby your going to think your going bald and that it's not normal to lose that much hair! Ha! Love reading your weekly updates :D brings back good and not so good memories of being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute, I agree with whoever said you are glowing!!! Love that white shirt and red sweater you have on! Im not even pregnant but now Im craving chocolate ice cream..HAHA Happy to hear you are feeling better - besides the tomato problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you are glowing . Glad you and Ry made it for supper . I love cooking supper for you's it means we get to spent some time with you's .. With Ry being crabby might have to do with the moon . It is a full moon . Lov You's !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved my thick hair too, until it started falling out, and kept falling out for like 8 months after giving birth. Not fun. So don't get too attached! You are looking great with your bump!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was hogging the bed last week too!! Don't they realize it's 2 vs 1?? Lol! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are feeling better that's such a good feeling!!! I have craved ice cream the whole time I've been pregnant it tastes amazing to me. You look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete