Monday, September 23, 2013

Birthday Celebrations and A Relaxing Weekend!

 

Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? Welcome to Fall!! I was marvelling at the trees this weekend. It’s seems like overnight they have changed colors and it’s a beautiful display of leaves!

This weekend wasn’t necessarily a busy one but it was fun none the less! The weekend started out on Friday night where we met friends Amanda and Josh and headed to the city for dinner! We were going to the Japanese Village to celebrate Josh’s birthday! It’s always fun because at the Japanese places that cook the food right in front of you! It’s so interactive and entertaining! Our chef on Friday night was very good!

sept 21

sept 21 2

It had been awhile since we have gotten together with this great couple because Josh has been away for work but we were so glad to have the visit! We had lots of catching up to do!

sept 21 3

sept 21 4

We weren’t ready for the night to end so we decided to head out to do some late night bowling! I have to say, I wasn’t too excited for this! I suck at bowling! While everyone else’s scores were high 90’s or even into the 100’s…mine was 37!! I just can’t coordinate the ball to actually hit any pins! But, we all had fun anyways!

sept 21 5

It was a late night Friday night so Ryan and I slept in and bummed around on Saturday morning. It was so dark outside from all the rain that it was nice to be cozy inside! When we finally got a move on, we headed to Aylmer to get some groceries and grab a pizza!

We got home and unloaded the groceries in record time because we wanted to sit down with out snack of Pizza Pizza! One of our favourite places to get take-out pizza! We watched a couple episodes of Dexter while chowing down on our treat!

I headed to my parents place while Ryan had a ball party! My parents had visitors from out East! Back when I was in high school we had a great minister at the time. Her mother and herself where driving across Canada on their way back home to Nova Scotia and stopped in for a visit to our small town! It was great to catch up with my old minister!

After a quick breakfast Ryan was off to work helping a friend sand blasti his truck on Sunday. They were both working hard all day across the road (and in the cold, brr!) so as I did laundry and cleaned the house, I also made food for the boys! The special treat of the day was homemade pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting! Yum!

sept 21 6

Because of a little rain their job was taking a long time so I even brought them over supper! Tuck and I had the day and the house all to ourselves! So, in between cooking, cleaning and laundry we also napped and watched a couple of movies on Netflix! Perfect Sunday afternoon!

Perfect weekend!

How was your weekend?

xo

2 comments:

  1. OMG those cookies look DELICIOUS! Such a good wifey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will make some pumpkin cookies tonight :) yummm!!!!

    ReplyDelete