Monday, July 22, 2013

Amanda & Josh

 

WOW! What a weekend! This had to be one of the best weekends of the summer so far! It’s a weekend that I had been looking forward to for almost a year now! This weekend one of my best and longest friends got married!

Amanda and I have been friends since kindergarten! We have quite literally, grown up together. There aren’t many milestones in my life that Amanda wasn’t apart of! Sometimes I sit back amazed at all the things we have gone through over all of those years. I was so excited and proud to get to be apart of her big day! Even though I haven’t known Josh as long, he has quickly became a big part of mine and Ryan’s life! Ryan and Josh are like 2 pea’s in a pod and have become great friends over these years. We are so blessed to have Josh and Amanda as friends and neighbours!

Last Friday the weather was CRAZY around these parts! Tornado warnings and everything! Friday afternoon I met all the girls at Amanda’s for last minute prep! Except, at Amanda’s there was no power! Yikes! Most of the girls ended up at my house for the night to sleep which will always be a funny story associated with Amanda’s big day! There are still people without power! Crazy!

The day of the wedding however, beautiful! The sun was shining that morning and the forecast was perfect! The girls headed to the salon to get their hair and then makeup done!

The beautiful bride!

amanda and josh 5

Everything was so perfectly scheduled and we were back at Amanda’s to get dressed and take some pictures! Before we knew it, it was time to get into the limo and head to the ceremony! The ceremony was beautiful! I had the best seat in the house, right at the front where I could perfectly see the happiness on both Amanda and Josh’s face. Tears were streaming down my face with complete joy for these two!

amanda and josh 6

The ceremony was beautiful! Complete perfection and now my bestie was a MRS! The bridal party joined the other guests for cocktails as the bride and groom got some pictures taken! It was fun mingling with all the guests!

amanda and josh 1

Even my handsome hubby, who was asked to be an usher that day!

amanda and josh 2

These girls….These girls I have SO enjoyed getting to know better (missing Morgan and Barb).  There has been lots of laughs with these girls while we got ready for the big day. I am so thankful to have been given the pleasure of getting to know these girls better. I have new long-time friends and I can’t wait till we can all get together again!

amanda and josh 4

The bridal party left cocktails early to take a few more pictures! Again, couldn’t ask for a better group to spend the afternoon with! Lots of laughs were going on in between every shot!

amanda and josh 9

The bride and groom left early to go take some shots of just the two of them and we all headed up to the reception!

amanda and josh 3

The wine was opened and flowing (barely! ha ha!) and the delicious dinner was served! After some cute speeches it was time to get the party started! First up the new couples first dance!

amanda and josh 7

The band had the hall ROCKING! They were so good and were not playing the typical wedding songs! Good sign of an amazing night….sore feet and 60 bobby pins left on the counter the next morning! Ha ha!

amanda and josh 8

Amanda,

Congrats hunny! Welcome to the Mrs. club! I can’t thank you enough for having me be apart of your special day. It was truly an honor! I am so happy for both you and Josh! You are both are some of the kindest people I have ever met. It was so wonderful to see you so happy and so in love!

I love you!

xo

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good weekend! The dress is cute! You're looking good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love weddings! :) That blue color looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are gorgeous! Wishing countless blessings for the new Mr. & Mrs.

    ReplyDelete