Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Girls Getting Ready – Part 2

 

Happy Wednesday everyone! You have no idea how badly I want to write “ya’ll” sometimes! I can’t though because then I’d be worried ya’ll you all would think I have a southern accent. Which I most certainly do not. But I can speak a mean “small town”. That’s another post for another day though.

Getting back into the swing of wedding things on this beautiful Wednesday with the finale to the girls getting ready to go to the chapel!

As I mentioned last week, the morning that I got ready for my wedding will always be one of my greatest memories. It was such a relaxed, fun and stress free time. Exactly the opposite of what I expected.

When we were all done getting our hair and makeup done we had to wait around a while and snack on food before getting dressed.

The girls started with their bridesmaids dresses. After a little mix up between Amanda and Rebekka’s dresses (since they were the exact same size) I helped zipper them all in and clasp necklaces/bracelets.

0075

0077

0079

0081 

Finally, with about an hour left until ceremony time, it was time for me to put on my wedding dress. I couldn’t believe it was time and I had a few butterflies knowing that I was putting on my wedding dress….weird!

0093

0097

0102

The girls were great at helping me into my dress. It was so great to have them all there.

0105

0107

A few adjustments.

0111

The garter.

0118

And shoes.

I thought I was all done until Mom brought me out a wrapped present. As soon as I saw the writing on the envelope of the card I lost it. It was from my groom.

0126

0127

He wrote me the sweetest note. One that is tucked away for safe keeping forever. It was so special to “hear” from him before the big moment.

0131

Inside the gift was a beautiful pearl necklace and matching earrings. My very first string of pearls. So special.

0134

Of course I had to put them of right away to wear for the wedding!

0135

0137

0138

All dolled up and ready to head out of my parent’s bedroom and into the living room where my dad was waiting. Again more butterflies and tears started to well in my eyes as I looked on at his face. I knew just from the way he looked at me how loved I was. I am eternally a Daddy’s girl.

0155 

My youngest flower and niece wanted to take a closer look! :-)

0140

0139

Another gift awaited me, this time from my parents. It was a beautiful pearl bracelet. I guess my parents and Ryan had coordinated together! :-)

0150

0152

0156

After waiting for a little while to head to the church (which was a 5 minutes drive away) I did a final check in the mirror, grabbed my bouquet and left my parents house for the last time as an unmarried women.

Getting ready for the wedding was not at all like I expected it to be. I was never stressed or anxious. I felt an overwhelming sense of calm. It was almost like I was in a dream like state. A big part of this was that I was able to get ready (from head to toe) in the comfort of my parents home. The other reason was that I was so confident and excited about getting married to the man of my dreams. Our lives were about to start and this was the first step towards that.

I wanted to embrace the moment. Drink it in and remember it. Thankfully, I was able to do that.

I have to again thank my parents for having all of us crazy girls get beautified in their home.

I would also like to thank my bridesmaids, Bev (mother of the groom), flower girls and mother of the flower girls for being there so early in order to start getting ready for the wedding! Not to mention being there with me during that exciting morning. It meant the world to me to have you all there.

Happy Wednesday!

xo

7 comments:

  1. it was great and personally it was sooo much better that Maddy wasn't feeling 100%...she cooperated so much better than her Auntie's wedding the next month

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love that the hubs and the parents worked together on presents! SO CUTE! :) I've told you this already, but you looked absolutely STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun and beautiful photos!! The presents from Ryan and your parents were so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, it's great. Can't wait for next week's installment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanted to let you know that I chose you for the Leibster Award! Head on over to my blog to check it out! http://spreenmvp.blogspot.com/2012/07/awards-night-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was such a great morning, so happy that I was there with you to share in all the special moments!!

    I've got an award for ya too. ;)
    http://jills-world.blogspot.ca/2012/07/time-to-take-bow.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Pictures! and I love your veil, its so pretty!

    xoxo
    Petchie
    http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete