Monday, March 26, 2012

A Surprising Weekend!

 

Happy Monday everyone! What whirl wind of a “quiet” weekend. I had been bragging for sometime that this past weekend was going to be one of the last “quiet” weekends until the wedding…..NOT!

It all started on Friday. As some of you might have read it was my nephews (and brothers) birthday! So, he of course came over for a birthday snuggle!

clark turns 1

That evening it was off to Gavan’s for supper and to celebrate Brittany’s 18th birthday!! With a visit from the cops, drinks, crazy dance moves, and birthday cake of course! It was great getting out with friends!

Brittany 18

Saturday morning I was up fairly early with my grocery list and Ryan. We picked up Dad so that we would be able to drop him off at the curling rink to play a game while in we did groceries. We also had to pick up another team mate in Quyon on our way to give him a lift too….or so I thought!

We pull up to the beachbarn and I see alot of cars, a few of them familiar but I figured it must be because of the “Lions” curling tournament (Which Dad told me it was….)

I mentioned to Dad how his vehicle was in the parking lot. He just laughed at me and said, “Geez your stupid". And excited the jeep.

I looked at Ryan and asked him where we were going thinking that Ryan was about to take me on a fun trip or something. Then, I clued in…it was a surprise bridal shower!!

To say I was shocked would be an understatement but the rest you’ll have to read about on Wednesday!

bridal shower preview

Sunday morning I walked to next door for a special birthday party honoring Faith, Clark and Jared.

We enjoyed breakfast and visiting with Holly’s family.

March Birthdays 022

All the kids had so much fun playing and dressing up!

March Birthdays 027

After breakfast it was time for presents

March Birthdays 057

And birthday cake!

March Birthdays 046

That afternoon I did a little work at the office and took a nap for a special evening out.

Jilly met Ryan and I and we headed off the to city for a bite to eat.

Jill and Linds

Then we met Luke and Amanda at the theatre to watch…The Hunger Games!

hunger games

I was a big fan of the book series so I was pretty pumped to check out the movie. Needless to say, it didn’t disappoint! The movie was fabulously made! There is so much description in the book and they did a good job at covering the most important aspects. Highly recommend!

How was you weekend?

xo

3 comments:

  1. I love Faith's supergirl costume LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yay for your bridal shower! I would have KILLED them for surprising me. In fact, I just bullied my MOH into telling me when mine is! Haha. Can't wait to read all about it! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it feel weird when they sneak a surprise bridal shower in on you? I had that happen too. I can't wait to read about yours!

    ReplyDelete